- The individual taking you details is the practitioner with whom you will be associated unless, with your agreement, you are referred on to another.
- We are asking for basic personal data that will allow us to be able to communicate with you, with your permission and that will form part of the background information we use in assessing your particular reason/condition for visiting the clinic.
- The data will not be shared with any third party outside of the clinic.
- It will be held in paper form on the consultation sheet and on a practice management software tool which is accessible only by password. The consultation sheets will be held in locked units at the clinic accessible only to relevant clinic staff.
- The data will be held by us for as long as you continue to be a patient at the clinic and will be held for a maximum of 8 years after your last visit.
- The legal basis for holding your information is we need to have adequate information about you for the basis of maintaining full medical records.
- The information will be used to assess the condition for which you are seeking treatment and for communication purposes only. You have the right to decide how we communicate with you.
- You have the right to ask for access to your data at any time
- You have the right to ask for it to be deleted.
- You have the right to ask for the data to be corrected
- You have the right to be informed about the use of your data
- You have the right to restrict the processing of your data
- You have the right to ask for your data to be portable
- You have the right to object to the management of your data
- You have the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
- Should you wish to complain about the handling and management of your data you may do so to the ICO
- Our data governance leader is Oliver O’Callaghan-Brown.
The Governance lead for Ace Osteopaths/OCB Osteopathic Services is Oliver O’Callaghan-Brown.